North Yorkshire Criminal Justice BoardThe purpose of the Criminal Justice System is to deliver justice for all, by convicting and punishing the guilty and helping them to stop offending - while protecting the innocent.
It is responsible for detecting crime and bringing it to justice; and carrying out the orders of court, such as collecting fines, and supervising community and custodial punishment.
The main aims of the North Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board (NYCJB) are:
- To encourage joint working for more efficient and effective criminal justice in North Yorkshire;
- To provide a more effective service for victims and witnesses;
- To increase public confidence in the criminal justice system as a whole;
- To achieve joint local delivery of criminal justice objectives; and
- Responsible for ensuring that North Yorkshire performs well against local criminal justice targets and that all agencies responsible for the delivery of criminal justice work together effectively.
Criminal justice agencies do not operate in isolation. They form part of a team working together to deliver the different stages of the criminal justice process. Partnership working of all criminal justice agencies is of vital importance to ensure that the best service possible is delivered to our communities. North Yorkshire Local Criminal Justice Board brings together the following agencies in York and North Yorkshire:
Crown Prosecution Service
Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service
Her Majesty's Prison Service
Legal Services Commission
North Yorkshire Police
North Yorkshire Youth Justice Service
York and North Yorkshire Probation Trust
Please click here to download the NYCJB Business Plan 2012/13.
Contact the North Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board
Tel: 01904 731867
Mobile: 07890 968738